Friday, 14 February 2014

Cancer Research Dryathlon - Happy Valentine's Day

MrM and I will be having a little tipple tonight, although neither of us is that keen to spend our cash on bits of red plastic and other heart shaped tat just because people say we should.

We like to show our love for each other every day, although, if I'd stayed in bed 5 minutes longer instead of getting up to rant about the neighbour slamming the door and waking me up, I would have had breakfast in bed thanks to my lovely hubby! Anyway, I digress! The reason I mentioned the tipple (champagne, free from Waitrose!) was that I haven't been drinking as I really need to improve my fitness and overall health.

The Cancer Research Dryathlon has proved to be an incredible deterrent to not opening the wine, owing to the kindness of strangers. An anonymous donor sponsored me, as did my sister! The thought of letting them and the charity down has made not drinking a breeze rather than a chore!



I've topped it up to make a donation of £25. Thanks to everyone for their support and thanks to the horrible weather for making me want to do nothing but stay at home in the warm! Cheers!

www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/charity-challenges/dryathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment