Monday, 30 September 2013

West Berkshire Alzheimer's Society Memory Walk



I know I'm one of those people who sometimes cries at adverts, but I was incredibly touched by Saturday's event...there was turnout of about 80 walkers of all ages from babies up to a lovely lady of 92.

There were people who happened to be passing who signed up, there was a lady who did the walk and sponsored herself a whopping £60 that she put into the donation box, there were families and couples donating lots of cash; all determined to do whatever they could to help people with this horrible disease.

There was a wonderful camaraderie and a touching address from the man who cut the ribbon to open the walk. I have to admit I didn't even do the walk myself; I forgot to bring my trainers, but instead helped people to sign in, register and to work out what size t-shirt they needed! I even helped put up a gazebo which was the first time I've ever done that successfully!

Thank you everyone who came....I'll stop crying soon!


Pic thanks to NWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment