Wednesday, 10 October 2012

National Trust - Dyrham Park

I was on the road again yesterday - a trip to Bristol, then Basingstoke before heading home to find the traffic from this morning's horrendous rush hour had not yet subsidied!

I was heading back from Bristol and needed a toilet stop and a tea. Now why stop at anonymous, expensive motorway services, when you can (if you are a member), go to a National Trust property?



So bye bye Welcome Break, helllloooooo Dyrham Park -a beautiful mansion near Bath built around 1690 for William Blathwayt who was Secretary at War and Secretary of State to William III. Little did he know that a few centuries later that I would be storming in, using the loo and running down the hill through the incredibly beautiful parkland, like Maria from the Sound of Music to see the house, get the bus back and be on my way. I was there for 17 minutes and fortunately for my laughable financial situation, didn't get that tea!






www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dyrhampark/



No comments:

Post a Comment