Sunday, 29 April 2012

The Cold Ash swap shop

If you were my camera, where would you be hiding?



With no camera, I can't post a picture of the event yesterday but the McBaby and I had a great time! Despite the rain, it was incredibly well attended and the quality of donations was outstanding!



We came away with some baby books and a new bookcase which I am about to paint. Once finished, it's earmarked for the kitchen to make my cookery book corner look tidier. (Yes, pipe down, I know I can't cook; the cookery books are there so that I know that room is meant to be for cooking in).



On entering the event with your goodies to donate, you get a sticker with the date of the next one (10th November at 10am) and when you leave with someone else's goods, they weigh them to see how much was saved from landfill. A brilliant idea and an absolutely outstanding example of the adage "one man's rubbish is another man's treasure!). Due to the rain, it took us three journeys to the car to get everything and therefore ample opportunity for people to ask which table I got the baby from.



A fab event, not marred by the strange woman in the carpark whose husband stood in front of my car so I couldn't get out while she tried to ram the passenger side of my car. Perhaps she was trying to swap her car door with someone?


*Thanks Cat for bigging up my blog post! Here's my attempt at doing the same for you!


http://smudgie-thesmudge.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment