Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Oxfam -Tag your Bag



I might harp on about this too much, but since the occasion when I donated my wedding dress to Newbury's Oxfam shop and they didn't say thank you, I haven't been able to look at my wedding pictures without them leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

However, I've just had a letter to say that my dress raised £185.63 which is great news. Apparently this is going to "Tanzania to train a school inspector to raise the standards that will keep kids out of poverty". I've asked Oxfam not to write to me again, I'm going to ceremonially burn the letter this evening and then have a glass of wine while looking at my wedding pics for the first time in months. Hopefully I'll be able to remember a lovely day when MrM and I put into words how much we love each other instead of wishing I'd kept my dress for the baby's christening! I promise not to moan about Oxfam again in this blog once that's all done!!

Remember, the words "thank you" cost so little and mean so much....

2 comments:

  1. It's soooo true! I've held grudges with so many people/ businesses over their lack of everyday manners.
    Glad to hear your wedding dress is going to do some good though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Tinuke! I'm glad I'm not being silly. I did my little ceremony last night (what a fab excuse for a small glass of wine!) and am ready to move on!

    ReplyDelete