Monday, 12 March 2012

National Trust




Last week's coffee morning at St Nic's was a fundraiser for the National Trust. Not sure why, but I managed to walk away having bought hundreds of pairs of tights.

It reminded me, also, that despite being skintamundo, I signed MrM and I up to a year's membership of the National Trust. It's something I've been meaning to do for years, but now we have a little one, I thought it would be educational to take him to a stately home every now and then. We started with our nearest, Basildon Park, and though it's not huge and there's not lots to do, the gardens are nice for a short walk and the staff are fabulous. I have to admit that I spent longer in the second hand bookshop than walking though, and the McBaby showed more interest in the chickens than anything else.



It is the centenary of the death of the National Trust founder Octavia Hill who is definitely worth reading about.

I'll keep you posted on any further NT properties that we visit. Any recommendations are welcome too!

www.nationaltrust.org.uk/

www.nationaltrust.org.uk/basildon-park/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavia_Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment