Thursday, 12 January 2012

New year, new you




I've signed up for the Channel 4 "try something new revolution" - a challenge which means you have to do something new every day for the month. This is something I've been doing for years in an attempt to ensure that my days aren't identical!

I was delighted to see that one of this week's challenges was to do something for charity!

If your normal Thursday includes volunteering at an animal sanctuary followed by organ donation, then today is going to be a breeze. It's time for us all to tip the Karma scale in our favour.

Your mission is to donate time (or money) to a good cause.

It could be impromptu litter-picking, taking stuff to a charity shop, you could even stop pretending to be on your phone when you see a chugger and actually stop and sign up.

Alternatively, you could give blood, buy the Big Issue or help an old lady across the road (probably worth checking they want to cross the road first). Any of these would be amazing. You don't have to donate a kidney. Although, of course, that's what I'll be doing…

I know it's not nice to brag about good deeds but I love seeing what you get up to, so remember to show how you've completed your mission at http://revolution.channel4.com/try-something-new and follow me on Twitter @nyr_annabel to join in the conversation with all the other lovely revolutionaries.

Right, off to spend some quality time with my kidneys while I still can…

Annabel x

– Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyr_annabel Find me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/TrySomethingNewRevolution –

No comments:

Post a Comment