Thursday, 8 December 2011

Friday, 9th December - Christian Aid



A day ahead as the baby is due any moment! Today is actually Thursday but my charity thing today was to meet a friend for coffee at the weekly charity fundraising morning at St Nic's CHurch. Eating coffee cake in aid of Christian Aid is the kind of "charity work" that I love!

The sale and tombola yielded a couple of interesting things including some 1970s soap which my mum might like. I also entered a "guess the weight" competition which is difficult when you're brought up in a strange world where imperial and metric are mixed - they will probably have a good laugh as I may well have confused pounds, stone and grammes and insulted the maker of the cake by saying it weighs more than I do.

Also entered the tombola and bizarrely won a packet of bread sticks. Reminds me of a bar in Tobago that I was in once where someone won a live pig in a competition. Anyway, had a nice catch up and good to talk to this calm mother-of-three who put me in a good frame of mind for the birth!


Delivering hope this Christmas



Meet Rogers, our modern-day wise man. This Christmas he will be travelling far from home to deliver hope and transform lives in rural Kenya.

Rogers describes what he does as a 'calling' and says 'it is good to have a helping heart'. His selfless compassion has saved many lives, including Patricia's; without Roger's support Patricia's two children could now be among the 1.2 million children orphaned due to AIDS in Kenya.

Please give generously this Christmas and help volunteers like Rogers continue their life-saving work in some of the world's poorest communities.


www.christianaid.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment