Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Tuesday, 8th November - Woodland Trust




Today's charity was the Woodland Trust which is great as I was thinking that I needed to do more for environmental charities - a subject which is very close to my heart.

Such is my lifestyle that I actually got a call from someone I hadn't seen for a while asking me if I could come round for tea and cake and advise them on how I make their house and life greener! Perhaps there's a business idea in there!

Having just said that, today's charity thing might not be considered green in many regards. I don't actually intend to send many Christmas cards this year - for anyone who I'm in touch with via FB, Twitter or LInkedIn, I'm afraid, I won't be using resources to wish them a Happy CHristmas. I did buy just one packet today so that I can send cards to older people that I know who would benefit from the contact!

So this packet raises money for the Woodland Trust and the beauty is that the recipient can, if they like, recycle them and turn them back into trees as they're collected in January in biggish shops. I've also only written on the right hand side so they can also be reused as gift tags.

I really do think of everything (a work-in-progress strapline for my new green consultancy business!).


The Woodland Trust has a vision. A UK rich in native woods and trees enjoyed and valued by everyone.

We believe:
•there should be at least twice as much native tree cover in the UK

•there should be no further loss of any ancient woodland

•every child should have a chance to plant a tree

•there should be a wood with open access close to everyone’s home

•everyone should recognise that trees and woods are an essential part of a healthy environment


We aim to enable the creation of more native woods and places rich in trees; protect native woods, trees and their wildlife for the future and inspire everyone to enjoy and value woods and trees




www.woodlandtrust.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment