Friday, 11 November 2011

Friday, 11th November - Alzheimer's Society

After two minutes of silence at 11am, I decided to take a bag of bric-a-brac to the Alz Society so they can sell it (or give it away) at their coffee morning next week. I volunteered at their annual sale last year the day after I got back from my honeymoon. An amazing TWENTY people helped out that day, so I'm going to be a customer this time around.

While I was there, I also dropped off a bag of wool. For some reason, I decided that I could knit and crochet last year and bought lots of supplies. I made one blanket for my nephew (I just knew he was going to be a boy) so knitted an almost blanket shaped item in blue and white. My sister thought it was for her dog....

A year later I decided to crochet a blanket for another baby and have made two long items that look like scarves. My craft days are over. The wool can now be used by people with dementia who find knitting therapeutic.

We have information for anyone worried about potential symptoms of dementia including if you are worried about your own memory or someone else's.


www.alzheimers.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment