Thursday, 13 October 2011

Thursday, 13th October - W.I

Since I didn't buy the dress that I was reaching for at the WI coffee morning as I was elbowed out of the way by an elderly lady who was much tougher than me in my current (and hopefully temporary!) fat and mobility restricted state!

So, with a heavy heart, I had to buy some cakes. Life is so unfair sometimes, I thought to myself as I scoffed a piece of chocolate shortcake, a fairy cake and the flapjack that I'd intended to give to MrM.

I've often thought about attending the Women's Institute - can't decide if I'm too young, too untalented in the cake and making things department, or willing to strip off for a charity calendar....Certainly, I'll have to sharpen my elbows a bit first!

www.thewi.org.uk


The WI plays a unique role in providing women with educational opportunities and the chance to build new skills, to take part in a wide variety of activities and to campaign on issues that matter to them and their communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment