Monday, 12 September 2011

Sunday, 11th September - St Nicolas Tower fund



I can't quite believe that 9/11 was 10 years ago today. MrM and I were actually in NY for the five year anniversary and were incredibly touched by the New York people and their resilience. On the day itself, I was living in Tokyo and had been out after work drinking. I got a text telling me to switch the TV on and could not believe my eyes and had the most pressing urge to fly back to the UK and be with loved ones.

I didn't actually find a 9/11 charity, so today donated to the St Nicolas Church tower fund having just had the fantastic opportunity to climb to the top, stopping near the top to see the 10 bells, before looking over the town from the windy top. The town doesn't actually look too bad from up here....

No comments:

Post a Comment