Monday, 8 August 2011

Wednesday, 10th August - St. Michael & All Angels’ Church, Highclere.

An absolute humdinger of a boot sale - perhaps the best one I've ever been to! This was in the grounds of Highclere Castle (or Downton Abbey as it now seems to be called since the filming of this popular series took place here) where a fabulous car boot sale with the castle as a backdrop raised funds for St. Michael & All Angels’ Church, Highclere.

I was very pleased that I managed to limit my purchases to a lovely picture for what will be the baby's room, a basket and a little 1960s Fred from the Homepride adverts. I forwent the massive 1920s chest of drawers as it wouldn't fit in the car and I also turned down two Lloyds Loom chairs for the same reason. Note to self: take the van to any other boot sales at this beautiful location!

http://www.highclerevillage.com/organisations/Church/home_page.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment