Monday, 15 August 2011

Monday, 15th August - Great Ormond Street

I'm working on something fairly repetitive at work today (having been away for a few days), so have been breaking it up (and therefore keeping my brain alert) by listing some of my unnecessary stuff on eBay. My much-loved bike that MrM doesn't think I should ride anymore as I've put on so much weight in the last few months that I have a different centre of gravity, some lipstick, a coffee table and a Superman t-shirt (which I don't wear as it doesn't come with a cape....pointless).

There's a fabulously simple box you can tick when you list items that allows you to give a proportion of your takings to charity.

From the options available, I decided to go for Great Ormond Street Hospital for three reasons; 1. Their acronym is GOSH, 2. I've heard the name thousands of times but am not really certain of what they do. 3. As a teenager, I was a Spurs fan as is Lord Sirallun who does their adverts. (I know you can't say "I used to be a fan" as being a fan implies life-long fidelity, but I have completely gone off football and would say, you can get divorced but you can't get remarried.

We raise money to enable Great Ormond Street Hospital to provide world-class care for its young patients and their families and to pioneer new treatments and cures for childhood illness by:

Contributing to the rebuilding and refurbishment of the hospital;


Funding the most up-to-date equipment;


Supporting research into, and development of, breakthrough treatments; and


Providing accommodation and other support services for children and their families


http://www.gosh.org/gen/

No comments:

Post a Comment