Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Tuesday, 19th July 2011 – Blue Cross Animal Charity

I had a strange dream yesterday night that I was trying to raise money for a charity by spending a night in one of their shops. The idea was that I was supposed to straighten out the shop and sort out their stock; however, I got distracted because my favourite boy (not my husband, but a member of my favourite band) got locked in the shop with me!

Not sure what that reveals about my psyche – a need to sort out my house, my brain, my life? Anyway, when I passed by the Blue Cross shop in town in real life, I had such a strong sense of déjà vu, that I ventured in (looking for my favourite band member, no doubt!).

In there, I spotted a book that for some reason did not qualify for the “all books 95p” pricing and snapped it up for £1.55 (actually they let me have it for £1.49 as that’s all I had in my wallet!)

We are a charity dedicated to improving the lives of sick and unwanted pets. At The Blue Cross we take in animals of all shapes and sizes, from hamsters to horses, and we find them loving new homes. We make sure thousands more get the veterinary treatment they need when their owners cannot afford to pay.

Owning an animal is one of the most rewarding things you can do and we’re here to champion both people and their pets.

www.bluecross.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment