Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Tuesday & Wednesday, 14th and 15th June - Age UK and Oxfam



I had to wait in all day for a delivery on Tuesday, so didn't get out to do anything charitywise. (My delivery finally arrived just before 9pm!), so today I took a bag of good stuff to Age UK in Rickmansworth to make up for Tuesday. I then strolled further along the street to the fabulous Peace Hospice Shop and then onto Oxfam. Now, you may be labouring under the misapprehension that I am a woman in my 30s. Wrong! I am a nine-year old boy, and I can prove it by how excited I got by my Oxfam purchase - a Jennings book! I have loved Jennings since I was little and can't look forward to reading this with a cup of hot chocolate and being transported to a land of boarding schools and high jinks!



Age UK looks after older people and I sense they're going to be quite busy in the next little while with this forthcoming fiasco as the country's largest care provider looks set to go bust.

www.ageuk.org.uk

Oxfam is a global movement of people working with others to overcome poverty and suffering.

www.oxfam.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment