Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Monday, 6th June - Helen and Douglas House

I donated a bag of used stamps as some charities - including Helen and Douglas House it would seem - can earn money from selling them. Many of the stamps from my envelope were actually from my mum who has a interesting job in medical publishing which involves people from all over the world sending her things to read, usually with beautiful stamps on them. My stamp collecting days ended in 1988 when I broke my arm (don't ask!), but even I could see the beauty of these; there are some from Nepal, Denmark, Thailand and Malaysia among others.

Helen and Douglas House has recently been honoured for its work to support its volunteers - you can see this is the case as the shop volunteers work hard and clearly care a great deal about their work. Congratulations!!

www.helenanddouglas.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment