Sunday, 22 May 2011

Sunday, May 22 - Vision Aid



Strangely enough, I was offered an eye appointment on a Sunday at Vision Express, so I took in with me a pair of my old glasses that I don't use anymore, as I heard that they could re-use them and send them to someone in a developing country who needs them more (although, having said that, I really do need glasses - I nearly went into the travel agent next door this morning).

Vision Aid Overseas
670 million people - 10% of the world's population - are disadvantaged by poor vision and a lack of glasses. Vision Aid Overseas is an international charity dedicated to transforming access to eyecare services in developing countries.

Our Vision
Vision Aid Overseas works for a world in which everyone has access to eyecare and spectacles.

Our Mission
To transform access to eyecare services for people in developing countries by establishing Vision Centres, training healthcare workers and utilising the expertise of volunteers to undertake outreach programmes in areas away from existing facilities.




www.vao.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment