Monday, 9 May 2011

Saturday, 7th May - West Berkshire Alzheimer's Society

Time is something I do not have much of, so instead of making pizzas for a retirement party as promised, I BOUGHT them. Sad, embarrassed face! I also bought enough crisps, juice and sausage rolls to feed the 5,000. (You will note that when Jesus fed the 5,000, he did not, unlike me, use recycled napkins and compostable pint glasses.)

The retirement party was for a stalwart of the local society who has provided real change and fantastic support for people with dementia over the last 15 years and has pioneered various brain training projects and the very popular and inspirational Singing for the Brain which uses music to help with memory.

Volunteers also wrote a song to say goodbye and did a presentation of her work with photos. I think she was touched and it was a fitting goodbye!



No comments:

Post a Comment