Thursday, 10 March 2011

Thursday, 10th March - Barnardo's

En route to a meeting, I quickly swung by Gerrards Cross, the richest town per capita in the UK! I dropped off a bag of more cookery books and clothes to Barnardo's. While I was there, I had a bit of an argument with myself. I spotted a suit jacket in my size that was substantially smarter than the one I was wearing, priced at £8.99. The argument in my head was about whether or not to buy this jacket, and you'll be pleased to hear that I won!

At the beginning of the year I said I wouldn't buy new clothes until 2012. But this isn't new, and investing in a smart suit is an investment in your career according to the back of a book on personal development for women that I saw in the library last week. So I did buy it, hopefully helping Barnardo's in their work of supporting vulnerable children and young people in the UK.

www.barnardos.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment