Friday, 11 March 2011

Friday, 11th March - Big Issue



Firstly, my thoughts are with the people of Japan today in the aftermath of the massive earthquake and tsunami. I lived in Tokyo for two years and had the time of my life there; Japan is a wonderful place and the people are just great; I felt thoroughly at home there, people are understated, they work hard, but have fun. So to think of the devastation that the disaster has caused is just awful and my prayers are with everyone, particularly my friends there.

So I'll be donating to a charity appeal when it's set up, but today I dashed into town to get some fresh air and bits and bobs and bought this week's Big Issue which mainly seems to be about government cuts but also has a Japanese theme with a review of the new film adaptation of Haruki Murakami's novel Norwegian Wood which was one of the books I read to get a taste for Japan just before I moved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment